Pronounced as a French word, lagniappe (lan-yap) is a Cajun-French inspired noun that means “a little extra.” Often used to describe something good, this word is the NOLA-call for receiving anything extra, or better yet, receiving something for free.
The Lagniappe Chats are an opportunity to network with colleagues who have similar interests and want to connect throughout the conference to discuss sessions, events, and salient topics during the daily Check-ins The check-in discussions will be led by a facilitator to help foster engaging dialogue in the virtual space throughout the Diversity Abroad Conference. This is a great way to network and engage in important conversations that will enhance the virtual experience at the 2020 Diversity Abroad Conference. Lagniappe Chats are open to all conference registrants and do not require pre-selection to join.
Lagniappe Chat Conversation Areas
Note: These are broad topic areas that pertain to general areas of affinity and interest. Conversations may broadly address topics related to the International Education profession, student support, etc.
- Ethnically/Racially Diverse
- First Generation to College
- High Financial Need
- Religious Diversity
- Access for (Dis)abilities
- International Student/Services
- Provider Organizations
- Historically Black Colleges & University (HBCU)
- Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI)
- Tribal College
- Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI)
- Community Colleges
- Open Discussion
- Monday, August 3 at 1:15-2:15pm Central Time
- Tuesday, August 4 at 1:50-2:50pm Central Time
- Wednesday, August 5 at 1:30-2:30pm Central Time
- Thursday, August 6 at 1:30-2:30pm Central Time
If you are interested in being considered for a role as Lagniappe Chat Group facilitator please complete the form below. The deadline to apply is July 20, 2020.