As part of Diversity Abroad’s commitment to building capacity for study abroad and comprehensive internationalization at minority serving institutions, Diversity Abroad will host the 4th Annual MSI Global Education Summit geared towards academics, practitioners, and administrators at Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) who are working to internationalize their campuses. The MSI Global Education Summit is designed to enhance the institutional capacity of MSIs to integrate international education efforts into the current campus climate.
WHY MSI SUMMIT?
As international education becomes more ingrained into the fabric of higher education, many Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) are engaged in innovative activities to ensure their students have the skills and knowledge to be successful in the global market. The summit will explore innovative practices, research, program models and current trends from colleagues at MSIs or those who partner with MSIs on inbound and outbound international education.
- Create a community of international education professionals from Minority Serving Institutions
- Connect participants with the resources and tools needed to develop or enhance the effectiveness of their international education office and build capacity to increase global mobility of their students
- To inspire participants to be active advocates for international education on their campuses
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Presidents, Provosts, Deans, and other administrators from Minority Serving Institutions
- Individuals at Minority Serving Institutions who lead or are interested in leading education abroad programs
- International education and staff in student support services from Minority Serving Institutions
- Agencies and organizations who are interested in collaborating with Minority Serving Institutions on internationalization efforts
Chat at the Wolfsonian
Minority serving institutions who have access to resources, such as Title III and Title V, to support and encourage meaningful faculty/staff development activities should consider sending representatives to participate in this important summit.
Diversity Abroad recognizes the fiscal challenges that may inhibit colleagues to participate in the 2018 Minority Serving Institution Global Education Summit. We stand committed to supporting MSIs in their efforts to build capacity for study abroad and comprehensive internationalization and are pleased to offer the following travel grants to encourage attendance:
A $200 travel grant for 2 attendees
A $300 travel grant for 3 attendees
A $400 travel grant for 4 attendees, etc.
An MSI Travel Grant Request will only be considered once all members of the group have registered for the MSI Global Education Summit. The deadline for submitting travel grants is December 1, 2017.