As part of Diversity Abroad’s commitment to building capacity for study abroad and comprehensive internationalization at minority serving institutions, Diversity Abroad will host the 3rd Annual MSI Global Education Summit geared towards academics, practitioners, and administrators at Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) who are working to internationalize their campuses. The MSI Global Education Summit is designed to enhance the institutional capacity of MSIs to integrate international education efforts into the current campus climate. The 2018 MSI Global Education Summit will be held April 7 & 8 in Miami, FL just prior to the 6th Annual Diversity Abroad Conference.
WHY MSI SUMMIT?
As international education becomes more ingrained into the fabric of higher education, many Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) are engaged in innovative activities to ensure their students have the skills and knowledge to be successful in the global market. This track explores innovative practices, research, program models and current trends from colleagues at MSIs or those who partner with MSIs on inbound and outbound international education.
- Create a community of international education professionals from Minority Serving Institutions
- Connect participants with the resources and tools needed to develop or enhance the effectiveness of their international education office and build capacity to increase global mobility of their students
- To inspire participants to be active advocates for international education on their campuses
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Presidents, Provosts, Deans, and other administrators from Minority Serving Institutions
- Minority Serving Institution Faculty who lead education abroad programs and those who are interested in leading programs abroad
- International education and student affairs staff from Minority Serving Institutions
- Representatives from public and private agencies and organizations who have an interest in internationalizing Minority Serving Institutions