Intended for professionals and graduate students who self-identify as women of color and/or allies for women of color, this lunch includes an intimate opportunity to connect with colleagues, and listen to and be inspired by dynamic speakers as they share their leadership journey, experiences and strategies for success in global education.
- Care Allen, Events Fellow- Diversity Abroad
- Samantha Ivery, Director of Diversity & Equity Initiatives, Social Justice Center – Emerson College
- Clare Overmann, Head of Higher Education Initiatives – IIE
- Fatima Dainkeh, Senior Coordinator of Dialogues YWCA- Boston
Intended for professional with zero to three years experience in the field of international education. This lunch will focus on helping new professionals, in particular, professionals from diverse backgrounds enter the field of international education and/or move up in their current careers. There will be a panel of experienced International education professionals.
- Kerry Stamp, Director of International Programs – Vassar College
- Kris Holloway, President – CIS Abroad
- Dr. Sherif Barsoum, Associate Vice President for Global Services – NYU
- Melissa Newton, Administrative Assistant, Internationalization & Global Engagement – Emerson College
Intended to confront the realities of working with first generation college students in study abroad. This lunch is intended for professional who currently serve or hope to serve first generation college students, particularly in access to study abroad. This session will focus on moving beyond the “conversation’ of empowering FGCS to go abroad, and move into the “allyship and work” that empowers FGCS to go abroad. A panel comprised of a COE colleague, TRiO colleague, and other Study Abroad advisors working with FGCS will happen during this session.
Shakeer Abdullah, Vice President of Student Affairs – Clayton State University
- Jorge Martinez-Santiago, Director/TRIO Programs Academic Talent Search – Fordham University
- Camila Nardozzi, Director of the Office of International Education – Harvard University
- Margaret Storm McCullers, Associate Director, Academic & Special Projects – Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA)