Apply for the 2020 Innovation Competition by December 2, 2019
The Diversity Abroad Innovation Competition, sponsored by CAPA The Global Education Network, brings together professionals and students with creative and outstanding ideas and programs that advance diversity and inclusive excellence in global education. Both students and professionals are eligible to participate in the Innovation Competition.
WHY AN INNOVATION COMPETITION?
Now in its 4th year, the Diversity Abroad Innovation Competition aims to support a culture of innovation and recognize new ideas and solutions that can create positive change, break down barriers, and provide access and support to diverse and underrepresented students.
Selected presenters will compete during the opening plenary of the 8th Annual Diversity Abroad Conference in New Orleans. Presenters will be judged by a panel of experts in international education for awards of $1500 to $5000
Learn about past recipients of the Innovation Competition here.
• Innovative and/or creative qualities of the project
• Potential direct impact of the proposed project on the field of global education
• Applicant’s demonstrated interest in and/or expertise on the proposed topic
Competition Opens Monday, October 7, 2019
Proposal submission process open until Monday, December 2, 2019 11:59pm PST
Notifications sent during the week of December 16, 2019
Selected presenters register for the 8th Annual Conference by January 6, 2020
Selected presenters pitch their innovative project on March 15, 2020
Applicants should submit contact & project details via this form (optimal with Safari or Chrome) describing the following key areas:
- The applicant’s expertise and/or interest in relation to the proposed topic (250 words)
- The project which highlights innovations and/or creative qualities (300 words)
- How the project will measurably impact access and/or inclusion efforts in global education (300 words)
Applicants should also submit a two-minute video via email (email@example.com) which:
- Pitches the proposed idea, and
- Describes the plan for project implementation
The Innovation Competition is sponsored by CAPA: The Global Education Network